Re: bald eagle in Orange County NC

I know in the summer that bald eagles are
redistributing. From what I understand some come
northward after breeding takes place in Florida.That
is a pretty cool sighting way up there, that far from
Jordan Lake. I once in March saw an adult fly over
Chapel Hill.I am sorry I missed that bird for my
survey in Orange Co.!That is real near our count area.
There are a few that nested on Falls Lake in late
winter early spring.
Kate
--- "Juan A. Pons" <jpons@wildnaturephoto.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Bald eagles are not that uncommon around Jordan
> Lake. I just saw one
> last weekend, and have seen probably 6 so far this
> summer (not
> necessarily 6 different ones, but have had 6
> ocassions when I have seen
> bald eagles so far this summer). Maybe he/she was
> just scouting out the
> area?
>
> -J
>
> Jenny Richards wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > A friend of mine who lives in Efland (NC - near
> Mebane/Hillsborough) saw a
> > Bald Eagle yesterday perched in a tree on Borland
> Road.  This is pretty
> > unusual, no?  Looking at my field guides, they are
> supposed to be rare in
> > the Piedmont, especially in the Summer.   Thought
> you all might be
> > interested.  My friend said if she saw it again,
> she'd take a picture.  She
> > saw it pretty close up and there's not much out
> there that could be mistaken
> > for this bird, is there?
> >
> > Was it just passing through?  Or is it possible it
> has a home nearby?
> > What's the current Bald Eagle population?
> >
> > Jenny Richards
> > Hillsborough NC
>
> --
> Juan A. Pons