hummer

Loris,SC
Just returned from a vacation drive to visit my son in Northfield, Minnesota
where Jesse James met a defiant town many years ago. The town has stood
steadfast against architectural change and new super chain stores. It is
quaint and a welcome sight compared to the big cities and giant mall
nearby.Most towns seem to have been established on rivers, as was
Northfield.The atmosphere is one of slower living and a definite
appreciation for nature.The air is also perfumed with chocolate, fruit, and
other smells indicative of types of cereals made in the mills there.The corn
is shorter and greener and the countryside is wide and open. Deer were
leaping across the fields.The farmers were gathering the grains for the
winter. Lots of snow and midwestern summer storms bring water to keep the
grass green and growing.There were geese everywhere.Evergreens were
beautiful and probably great homes for other unique feathered friends. If I
had prepared more carefully, I would have made arrangements for closer and
new birding experiences. Next time I won't let the opportunity pass me by.
Came home to hummers sipping from the tiger lilies and perennial
hibiscus.Beautiful sight-the hummers and home!