Black-and-white Warbler, Pitt Co., NC

Hello folks,

There was a Black-and-white Warbler, probably a female, inspecting the tree
trunks in my wooded yard this morning, July 15.  This is my first Pitt
County summer record.

I live 5 miles east of Greenville, North Carolina, in the coastal plain.
Checking Avendex, I found only 2 other NC coastal plain records for July,
both at Windsor (north of Pitt County).

It's interesting that John Voigt saw one yesterday in the Croatan National
Forest, which is southeast of Pitt County, and close to the coast.

Veronica

Dr. Veronica S. Pantelidis (Ph.D.) Distinguished Professor
pantelidisv@mail.ecu.edu Co-director, Virtual Reality and Education
Laboratory http://www.coe.ecu.edu/vr/vrel.htm Program Coordinator:
Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership, Library Science
Concentration; Graduate Certificates: Virtual Reality; Tele-Learning.
Department of Librarianship, Educational Technology and Distance Instruction

http://www.coe.ecu.edu/LTDI/  College of Education, East Carolina
University, Greenville, NC 27858 USA Phone 252-328-4157 Fax 328-4368