Reddish Egrets, HBSP 7/21

Greetings,

We went down to Huntington Beach State park today, 7/21/03, to see the storks and ibises that the Turners had noted here, and walked on down to the jetty to see the terns that Jack Peachey listed here yesterday.

The storks and ibises were easy and nice. We got the same terns Jack listed (nice, too!). Our addition to the HBSP lists we've seen recently would be a couple of Reddish Egrets that were obvious at the base of the jetty - one adult, one juvenile. There were 17 dowitchers there also - short-billed, I reckon.

And with a singing Painted Bunting, the birds we observed at HBSP made a great half-day of birding.

Regards,

St.
--
Stephen Thomas