Rufous Hummingbird report, Lake Gaston in Halifax County

Heads up?

A produce customer of mine reports that about 10 days ago, on one day only, she has a male Rufous Hummingbird at her feeder just sw of Lake Gaston in Halifax County.

I think that I did not question adequately for details. She insisted the white mark on the chest was significant, and I think she has seen this species and others in the West. What was significant to me was that I thought I read that a Rufous spent the summer in NC recently. And, it may be time for migrants, the drought continuing in much of the West.
It seems to me that a big red hummer may be an obvious id.

-Frank Enders, Halifax, NC