No Bar-tailed Godwit

To reaffirm what Celia wrote, the reported Bar-tailed Godwit was
actually a Hudsonian.  Much as I'd like to believe the two bird theory -
- that there was a also Bar-tailed there -- both the original observer
and Jeff Lewis were pretty sure the Hudsonian we were watching was the
godwit they'd seen the past two days.

We saw some other fun birds in the area on this cold, rain-soaked day,
such as several Gull-billed Terns, Stilt and White-rumped Sandpipers,
but I don't think any rarities were found.  Water levels at Pea Island
are very high, so there's little shorebird habitat.

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu