RE: No more Rock Doves!

My sister is currently on her way from South Carolina to Kentucky. On I-26 near Asheville she saw what she thinks was a kite. It definitely was not a buteo. She saw very pale underneath, almost completely pale, except for dark splotches. She saw one definite dark splotch under the crook/elbow? at the pointed part of the top of his wing. There were other dark spots, but she can't confirm where they were. From this brief description, it doesn't look like a Mississippi Kite, and actually looks more like a White-tailed Kite. But that seems highly unlikely. Any thoughts?

Mary Capers Bledsoe