September Wake Audubon Events

Howdy!

Wake Audubon has a fun line-up of events in the next month that you're
invited to attend. Programs and field trips are free and open to the
public.

Happy birding!

Karen Bearden
Raleigh, NC
chickadeebirders@earthlink.net

September Meeting
Please join us on Tuesday, September 9, to hear NC State graduate
student Aimee Weldon describe her research on the influence that the
shape of early-successional patches has on bird behavior and nest site
selection. Her talk is entitled "Ecological Traps for Birds." The
meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the A-level conference room of the
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh, NC.

September 6: Bagels and Birdwalk on the Buckeye. We meet on the first
Saturday of each month at 8:30 a.m. at the Greenway parking area on
Crabtree Boulevard, between Capital Boulevard and Raleigh Boulevard,
845-5006.

September 13: Chimney Swift Migration. Meet in the NC Museum of Natural
Sciences parking lot on Jones Street across from the State Archives
Building at 6 p.m. We will carpool to a large swift roost near downtown
Raleigh, 755-0253.

September 20: Anderson Point Avian Adventures. Meet at 8:30 a.m. in the
parking lot at Anderson Point Park on the third Saturday of each month.
Highway 64 E from the Beltline two miles. Turn right on Rogers Lane; the
parking lot is at the end of the street, 881-2601.

September 20: Anderson Point Insects of the Meadow. 10:30 a.m. - Noon.
Learn to locate resident insects and butterflies of the wildlife meadow.

September 20: We will participate in the Triangle Big Sweep, an annual
trash clean-up event for the area waterways. The event will be held at
the
Buckeye Trail, 231-8421.