Re: Squirrel baffel question

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Steve Compton wrote:

> I think the CBC ought to be FOR nature as much as possible. What's wrong
> with the squirrels taking part?

I think it's an expense issue more than anything. One squirrel puts away
easily ten times as much seed as all birds put together. A working baffle
(I have one) saves loads of money in seed purchases, plus a LOT less time
refilling empty feeders. With squirrels, the feeders go empty almost
daily; without, the seed lasts for days.

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose
Duke University