Chatham Co. Fall Count - 9/20

The fall version of the North American Migration Count is set for
Saturday 20 September 2003.  The NAMC is always on the second Saturday
of May and the third Saturday of September. For the basics of the
count, see the Georgia Ornithological Society's website
(http://www.gos.org/namc.html).

If you enjoy identifying confusing fall warblers, come join us for the
8th annual Chatham County (NC) count.  There are many great birding
spots around Jordan Lake -- let me know what your favorite area is and
I'll assign you to that, if it's still available.  Other parts of
Chatham County are virtually unexplored for birding -- if you're
adventurous, you can try to find a new birding hotspot.  Just send me
an e-mail to sign up.

Forms and results of past counts are on the Chapel Hill Bird Club web
site: http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/chbc/

By the way, I neglected to mention in my previous message that the
Saturday CHBC field trips leave at 7:30 am.

Will

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu