Little Gulls in summer

Greetings,

I'd like to echo the comments of Harry LeGrand on the possibiliy of
little gulls in summer anywhere in North America. None of the field
marks listed for the two reported recently are inconsistent with young
Black Terns. The one potentially compelling field mark that was not
discussed - and presumably not seen is the wing shape. Adult Little
Gulls have a very unique and diagnostic rounded wing-tip. To my eye,
they sort of remind me of miniature Short-eared Owls (by shape). Even
Franklin's Gull which is more "famous" for a rounded wing tip is less
obviously rounded than Little Gull.

Cheers,

Mike Tove