Nighthawks in Davidson, NC, this past weekend

This past Saturday evening, I observed Common Nighthawks (CONI) circling
overhead foraging in flight for insects in the heat-plume of the Davidson
College Baker Sports Complex parking lot after a late football game both
while the stadium was still brightly lit and after lighting shut-down. There
were at least four individuals that I could count.  There could have been
more, but I never saw more than four at any given time. The last time I
observed CONIs in this area was more than three years ago in S. Charlotte
near the Microsoft campus.  They were vocally "peeeent"ing then.  The ones
last night were silent.  Chiropterans (bats) also accompanied - sp.
undetermined.

Mars - our reason for being in the pkg lot till midnight - was hiding behind
a cloud-bank. <feh!>

7;^)
Tomm "je ne regrette rien" Lorenzin
Mooresville (Lake Norman), NC