Very busy morning at Lake Crabtree

The migrants (and locals) were dripping out of the trees this morning at
Lake Crabtree.  I was not sure if NE winds would do much for us, but they
seemed to do the trick.  The only bad part was that the lighting was
horrible due to the bright white cloud deck.  As a result, we let lots of
birds that were high in the trees go unidentified.  There seemed to be a
strong push of Wood Thrush, Summer Tanager, Red-eyed Vireo and Pine Warblers
with at least a dozen of each bouncing around.  Warblers checked in with
Blackburnian, Chestnut-sided, Black and White, Northern Parula, American
Redstart, Hooded, Common Yellowthroat, and Pine.  Also had GC flycatcher a
few empids, WE Vireo, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, a nice adult Bald Eagle, Osprey,
etc.  Nothing really unusual, but tons of birds.  Hopefully tomorrow will be
a bit less cloudy so we can really see what's up there!

Steve Shultz
Apex, NC