Mecklenburg birds : LARK SPARROW, OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER

Birders,
Pretty good birding in Mecklenburg County, NC Sept. 6,7,8. On Saturday at
McAlpine Park off Monroe Rd. I had TENNESSEE WARBLERS, CANADA WARBLER, BLACK AND
WHITE WARBLER, CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER, BLACKPOLL. Sunday the big find was an
OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER at the same location around the beaver pond. Today at
Mint Hill Park on Fairview Rd. (Hwy. 218) a LARK SPARROW was in the short grass
around the volleyball pits. That was my fourth Mecklenburg LARK SPARROW, and
the OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER was my first for the state.

Taylor Piephoff
Charlotte, NC
PiephoffT@aol.com