Gray kingbirds, Ft. Fisher

I observed TWO Gray kingbirds in the Ft. Fisher area on Wednesday.  Sorry
for the late post.  I just got back today.  They were present from 1:30 p.m.
to 5:00 p.m. when I left.  They are located on the short paved trail at the
rear of the parking lot of the aquarium.  I believe that would be the
southwest corner.  They were perched on the wires that parallel the trail
about midway.

Both birds were very tame and easily observed at close range.  Features
noted were heavy straight bill, dark mask over eye, clear white breast, dark
tail with no terminal white band and fork in the tail.  One of the birds
appeared to be a juvenile with an overall scruffy look and a mottled
appearance to the crown instead of all dark.

Harrol Blevins
On the New River at the NC/VA border
kestrel@valink.com