Re: Indian Trail park, Durham

HI,

In addition I had 1 Hooded, 3 more Chestnut-sided, 5 Magnolia, 2 Parula, 2 Redstart and one juvenile Rose-breasted Grosebeak

Mike

Dan and Marian wrote:

Several local birders have requested directions, so:

From Hillandale Rd. at the golf course pro shop (south of I-85), go east on
Indian Trail, which parallels the northern margin of the golf course. Just
before Indian Trail ends at Albany Ave. there's a small parking area on the
right, at the playground. From here, a paved trail leads south a short
distance to a foot bridge over Ellerbe Creek. Just after the bridge, the
trail intersects the west end of the Ellerbe Creek greenway trail, which
follows the creek east to Westover Park at Maryland Ave, passing through the
Ellerbe Creek Watershed Association's urban nature preserve.

This morning Mike Skakuj and I had at least 10 spp. of warblers (he may have
had more after I left), including Bay-breasted and Blackburnian, but no
Golden-winged. Last night's cold front seems to have brought a big turnover.

The park and greenway are quite productive for a relatively small patch of
habitat. As of this morning my list for the area is up to 89 species.

If anyone finds anything good here, Josh Rose and I would love to hear about
it.

Dan Kaplan
Durham
dkma@mindspring.com