From: Will Cook <cwcook@duke.edu>
Sent: Sep 19, 2003 9:58 AM
To: carolinabirds@duke.edu
Subject: Isabel birds at Falls Lake, NC

I briefly checked out Falls Lake this morning to look for any birds
that Hurricane Isabel might have blown in...

Cheek Rd. causeway:
- 1 SANDWICH TERN (2nd record for Durham Co., 3 were found after Fran
9/6/96)
- 1 ROYAL TERN (about the 3rd Durham record; 15 after Fran)
- 2 distant tern sp. (1 large, 1 small)

Nothing at the Hickory Hills boat ramp (except for the terns in the
distance) or a couple of other spots in the area I checked.

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu