Warbler Fallout

Hello,

Steve Schultz and were talking this afternoon about how slow the birding was the last couple of days at our locations, but what a difference a few hours makes!  I was about to cut the grass at my house in N. Raleigh around 6:00PM, and I had quite a fallout:

Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Chestnut-sided Warbler (2)
American Redstart (3)
Scarlet Tanager (great close up view)
Tennessee Warbler (first in yard!)
Blue-winged Warbler (first in yard!)
Northern Parula

I also followed a Chickadee flock, and was quite successful.
At one moment I had a Blue-winged and a Parula chasing the same bug.  And I had a Chestnut-sided, Scarlet Tanager, and an American Redstart in the same tree!

I love the early fall season!  Now if I could only get some thrushes in these 50 Dogwood trees on my property!

Brian K. Pendergraft
Falls Lake, NC
bkpendergraft@aol.com