CHBC BRP trip and Lake Crabtree

Over a dozen members of the Chapel Hill Bird Club enjoyed a weekend trip to
the Blue Ridge Parkway section between Galax, VA and Mahogany Rock.  Waves
of warblers preceded the strong cold front that pushed through Saturday
night.  Today's weather was beautiful, clear and sunny with fall-like
temperatures (as it should be!).  Among the migrants seen:

>From the warbler department:
Chestnut-Sided
Yellow-rumped (already?!)
Black-throated Blue
Magnolia
Cape May
Black and White
Blackburnian
Black-throated Green
Bay-breasted
Pine
Palm
Prairie
Tennessee
Nashville (2, one in each state!)
Northern Parula
Hooded
American Redstart
Ovenbird

>From the "Wow, is that a thrush?" and others department:
Swainson's Thrush
Wood Thrush
Scarlet Tanager
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Indigo Bunting

Good trip and good company.  (Oh, and thanks guys for pushing my car out of
that ditch...)

On the way home I stopped at Lake Crabtree for about 20 minutes to stretch
my legs.  Dug up a couple of migrants including:
Cape May
Black and White
parula
redstart