Re: Cinnamon Teal, etc.-Spoil Site CBC trip

Dear birders,

To borrow a word from our friend, country Gary Phillips:
Whooooooeeeeee!
The Spoil Site was great, and thanks to Steve Calver,
Nathan Dias, Paul Champlin, Dennis Forsythe, and the other fellows who found
all the good birds for me, I added two state birds and one North American
life
bird (Wilson's Phalarope) to my list. I had just seen Franklin's Gull for
the first time a few weeks ago in
Denver, Colorado, and they followed me here. Just as we
checked the last good spot of the day, after having missed the spot where
all the waders gathered and the spoonbills were seen last week, Dennis
yelled "SPOONBILLS!"
and two bright pink adult birds flew across from left to right, beautifully
lit in the afternoon sun. I must explain that
I have long been under a curse, similar to that afflicting the Boston Red
Sox, that has prevented me from seeing the best birds that were seen a week
or a day or an hour
before. Very often over the years a birding group will
see the best bird of the day right after I leave to go home.
This time, all three wonderful birds seen last week at the spoil site were
still there! So, again, if I may:
WHOOOOOOPEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Ain't birdin' great?

Steve Compton
Summerville,SC
scompton@sc.rr.com

PS: No alien abductions or interventions were involved in the sighting of
these birds or in the composition of this message