HBSP on 10-3

Hi Carolinabirders,
First an apology for not reporting more promptly.  I had just returned
from NJ late Wednesday visiting family and taking my wife to medical
labs .  In that interval I unsubscribed to the list and did not
resubscribe until yesterday.  Bob Maxwell and I found a Curlew
Sandpiper.  Friday evening, I called Sharon Turner to post it and
presume that she did so (I was still unsubscribed at the time) I saw
that Robin Carter and Caroline Eastman found not one but two there
yesterday, the 4th. I will write up the bird for the SCBRC this week
from my notes. I will try to refind the bird Monday, and try to video
it.
59 species from the carriage path, mullet pond, causeway marsh, ocean
beach and second pond and tidal mudflat just south of the renourished
area at the base of the jetty.
This latter area is where the Curlew Sandpiper was found.

Brown Pelican-20
Double-Crested Cormorant-20
Great Blue Heron-4
Great Egret-5
Snowy Egret-7
Tricolored Heron-4
REDDISH EGRET-1 in the second pond at the jetty area
Black-crowned Night-Heron-3 two adults + one immature hanging in the
trees at the northwest corner of Mullet Pond
White Ibis-20
Wood Stork-25
Blue-winged Teal-8
Red-breasted Merganser-1
Turkey Vulture-1
Osprey-5
Am. Kestrel-1
Clapper Rail-2 heard only
Black-bellied Plover-5
Semipalmated Plover-15
Piping Plover-1 silver band just above right foot
Greater Yellowlegs-3
Lesser Yellowlegs-4
Willet-3
Ruddy Turnstone-5
Red Knot-4
Sanderling-15
Western Sandpiper-10
Dunlin-12 if looking for the Curlew be careful there were several long
billed Dunlin in the same area
CURLEW SANDPIPER-1 very long strongly decurved bill especially about mid
length when it appeared to have a sharper bend (at times looking as if
it were kinked) long blackish legs more upright stature than Dunlin,
white throat and chin whitish underparts showing a mellow cinammon cast,
mottled gray brown area near the shoulder, gray back and scapulars many
with white tipped edges, Bob Maxwell saw the white rump when it flew.
The one non conforming feature of this individual was that the face was
quite plain with no white supercilium.
Short-billed Dowitcher-3
Belted Kingfisher-2
Red-bellied Woodpecker-1