Re: The Next Big Thing

Josh wrote:
> My money's on Buff-breasted for NC, and Broad-billed for SC...

yep, if i were betting, i'd get in line behind Josh. since i'm not betting
though, i'm pulling for the 'big ones.'

speaking of 'big ones,' i saw a first this eve. a very large moth (size of a
hummer) with a ridiculously long proboscis actually frightened a
Ruby-throated off of a feeder, then hovered and fed for about 2 minutes.

there's some really wierd-looking stuff flying 'round out there.

;-)

gary phillips
conway, sc
sunset zone 31

"...where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment
of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..." (J.J. Audubon)