Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:16:16 -0500
From: Melissa C. Trousdale <mtrousdale@earthlink.net>
To: paul_jones@unc.edu
Subject: Administrative Law Conference -- Internet Governance

Dear Professor Jones,

I am writing to invite you to the Duke Law Journal’s Thirtieth Annual
Administrative Law Conference, to be held on Friday, March 3, at Duke
Law School.  The conference will focus on issues of internet governance.

The first panel -- from 10 a.m. to noon -- will be devoted to a
discussion of ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers).  The panelists will be Professors Michael Froomkin (University
of Miami) and Jonathan Weinberg (Wayne State University), and Professor
James Boyle (American University -- soon to be at Duke) will moderate
the panel.

The afternoon panel will run from 2:30 to 4:30, and will be a roundtable
discussion on internet governance more generally.

We welcome your presence at both sessions, and would especially value
your participation in the afternoon roundtable discussion.  Given your
excellent (and fitting) background and expertise, we would love to hear
your comments and insights.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if I
may provide additional details.  For our planning purposes, please let
me know if you are interested in attending / participating in the
conference -- and please encourage any of your interested colleagues or
students to attend as well.  If you are aware of any other people I
should contact, please feel free to forward their names and information
to me.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope we will see you there!

-- Melissa Trousdale, Special Projects Editor of the Duke Law Journal
(919)286-2258