recorded music market enjoyed solid growth in 1999

Despite MP3, the RIAA member raked in record cash...
http://db.widescreenreview.com/weeknews/FMPro?-db=webnewsearch.fp3&-format=detailwk.htm&-lay=layout%20%231&-sortfield=Rank&-op=cn&Year=2000&Month=02&Day=23&-recid=35476&-find=#topofpg

RIAA Reports Recorded Music Market Enjoyed Solid Growth In 1999

DVD Growth Explosive, CDs Solid, Cassettes And Music Videos In Decline

                                                 The news is good for CDs,
great for DVD, worrisome for cassettes and music videos. On the whole,
though, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) found that
the near $15 billion market for recorded music, measured by what
manufacturers ship to retail and non-retail channels, continued its upward
trend in 1999, enjoying moderate growth.

                                                 According to the RIAA,
manufacturers saw a 3.2 percent net unit increase in audio and video
product shipped to domestic markets (from 1.12 billion units in 1998 to
1.16 billion units in 1999). The corresponding dollar value of those
shipments at suggested list price increased 6.3 percent from $13.7 billion
in 1998 to $14.6 billion last year.

more at link above

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071