Re: Victory in the war to save our Culture!!

Thanks for pointing this out James.  I figured that what I was getting at
was obvious.  However, looking back  I may have misinterpreted the article
on USC's defending of Napster.  I feel kind of helpless right now because of
my limited technical computer knowledge, but it was my assumption that if
one can access Napster at all, then one can download MP3s as one pleases.  I
didn't think that it was possible for USC to ban MP3 transfers without
banning the whole Napster site.

It was my original understanding (which may still be correct) that USC was
not banning Napster and hence MP3 trades from dorms are still possible.  If
this is the case, then Metallica's dropping of the suit would in fact be a
victory for Napster and MP3s.

However, upon rereading the article closer (which I apologize for not doing
well enough the first time around) I definitely see a possibility that I
could be wrong.  What exactly did USC do? can students download MP3s or not?
I guess I am still confused over this.

If I misread the article and the USC students can no longer download MP3s,
then I apologize for sending that last message to the list.

But if I find out that I was right, and students still can download them,
then I will continue my argument later.

Harry