[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Daytime running lights

On 8 Aug 1995, Paul Lu wrote:

> Some people like myself: Thank God don't have to worry about, IMHO,
> STUPID DRL getting into my eyes in the day time.

It depends upon how the DRL is implemented.  If low beams are used,
there's no way it gets in your eyes.  Some cars use the high beams
with reduced brightness, which to me is a good idea too.

> Oh, I hate that stupid DRL. It's worse than the 55 mph speed limit.
> Let it NOT become law! I will hold onto purchase of STS until GM
> drop the push for DRL. Just me, but I am not alone.

Too bad, folks at GM don't seem to agree with you.  I happen to agree
with them.  BTW, you're the first one that's declared that the DRL is
worse than the 55-MPH speed limit (AFAIK). :-)

Dai

 |)=+||       _/|   |  Dai F Toyama      ||  borap@paul.spu.edu          |
 |==+||__-~~~~_/    |  CS Student        ||  Seattle Pacific University  |
 +-\\||__-~~~~ ||   |  Systems Designer  ||  Hitmark Computer            |
 | |\ ||            |  Driving Maniac    ||  1992 Acura Integra GS-R     |

Follow-Ups: References: