[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Daytime running lights

In article <40cj7b$ar5@news.ios.com>, plogan@village.ios.com (Philip Logan) writes:
|> I, for one, find people who use those low-slung halogens during daylight
|> hours to be distracting. My eyes are drawn far too much to the rear-view
|> mirror. It's unconscious, but it's an unneccessary distraction. My
|> concern is that DRL's will be similarly distracting.

DRLs are supposed to be low beams with reduced brightness. It shouldn't
bother anyone unless someone has vision problems and should not be allowed
to drive on public roads. However, the DRLs are bright enough so that even
under sunny days, DRL equipped cars can be seen farther away than their
counterparts. DRL has been implemented here in Canada for about 5 years now,
it may be strange for newcomers, but I appreciate this law and the DRLs
don't bother me at all.

For all those Americans who have not had any experience about DRLs should
shut up and listen to what the Canadians say. Stop bashing DRLs if you have
not driven on Canadian highways before.

--
Isaac Wong | Protel Compiler Group | Bell-Northern Research Ltd.
Dept. of Systems and Computer Engineering | Carleton University