[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Daytime running lights

Paul Lu <CindyLu@Mindspring.com> wrote:

>Some people like myself: Thank God don't have to worry about, IMHO,
>STUPID DRL getting into my eyes in the day time.

>Oh, I hate that stupid DRL. It's worse than the 55 mph speed limit.
>Let it NOT become law! I will hold onto purchase of STS until GM
>drop the push for DRL. Just me, but I am not alone.

Not to debate whether it is actually safer with running lights but I
don't recall seeing any figures saying if safety has improved.

Some idiots here in Canada drive at night with only the daytime
running lights on.  They see that their lights are on and seem to
think the headlights are on, in reality only the running lights are on
and nothing else.  So they see less, and other cars don't see them!!!
Really alot safer...

Follow-Ups: References: