[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Daytime running lights

Dai F Toyama <borap@paul.spu.edu> writes:

>On 8 Aug 1995, firebug wrote:

>> In article <DD0C7L.3uo@cunews.carleton.ca>,
>> Tom Foottit <tfoottit@chat.carleton.ca> wrote:
>> >2) DRLs increase visibility. All you have to do is drive on a 2-lane
>>
>> If people are so inattentive that cars in broad daylight need to have their
>> lights on to be seen, there is a MUCH more serious problem than can be
>> solved by DRLs.
>>

>That could be true.  At the same time, having DRLs in bright daylight
>would probably be more helpful than not having DRLs at all.

	Today, while driving in to work (I head directly east in the morning
and west at night), I noticed that about every 4th car had it's headlights on.
These cars were much more noticeable in the glare of the TX sun.  It was
easy to pick out the individual cars rather than a mass of shadow or dark in
the brightness.

	I've always believed in DRLs, but this really stuck with me.

--
Chintan Amin    http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/llama   mailto:llama@uiuc.edu
	My opinions are my own... At least that's what they tell me.

	   Orioles CFLs Tar Heels Capitals Bullets Illini Jaguars