[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Daytime running lights

gribble@primenet.com wrote:
> Nice of you to complelety miss the point.  You are just like all the other
> mindless DRL supporters.  Never mind if it works you say; who cares what the
> studies show, it seems like a good idea so it must be one!!!

Gee, I drive in Canada. The only Canadian study you quoted seemed to
indicate that there was an improvement shown. As for the other studies
- are they statistically significant? What are the sources of the
data? Do you know anything about statistics?
You quote data from unknown Scandanavian sources, and then try to
pretend like that is the "be-all and end-all" of the issue.

As I suspected, this thread is filling up with Americans who really
know nothing about DRLs at all.
Get out on the road and experience driving with DRLs before you make
such snap judgements. Listen to what myself and other Canadians have
to say about DRLs. Reading some Norwiegan study from the late 80s
doesn't make you some kind of instant expert on the issue.

Tom

Tom Foottit                              Computer Systems Engineering
tfoottit@chat.carleton.ca                Carleton University