[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NMA STUDY

In article <3uq28t$f09@news-e1a.megaweb.com>,
KENNY MORSE <kennystar@megaweb.com> wrote:

>Since there are no posted limits over 65...I can only tell you what drivers
>do at THAT max!  They go 10-15 over.

Yes at that make try setting at at 75 or none and your find the 85th
percentile speed will we 75-80.  It will not be 85-90.  A federal study
done behore the band estamitites shows that 85th percentile speeds are
around 77 on no speedlimit freeways.

>>>Do you, Mr. Traffic, really know these roads better than
>>the engineers who designed them??
>>
>Nope.....only the drivers who use them.
>>You are entitled to your opinions.  I suspect, however, that your
>>well-publicized beliefs are equally based in self-interest... after all,
>>how can a traffic school make any money when drivers are no longer
>>ticketed for safe and reasonable speeds?
>
>Since I am not the owner of the school....I make the same $$$
>if I have ONE person in class or 100.  Also, it is NOT the main source
>of my income....my work in the media is.  I am NOT interested in
>people being ticketed at all.  Quite the opposite...I wish EVERYONE
>would respect the law...and if they think the law should be changed
>But since way too many people don't even vote, good luck!  Everybody
>bitches...but nobody does anything about it!

May I point out that that study is done my the FEDERAL GOVERMENT and it
took over 5 years to coplete.  This is a fully complete study that is
unbiast in every way.  It was so unbiast the the Fedral giverment TRIED
TO berry it.

--
* Kevin Atkinson, Clarknet I'net Serv., Maintainer of the Usenet Info Center *
*     Finger usenet-i@clark.net for more info on Usenet Info Center.         *