[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: traffic lights

It is very true on certain streets of Abilene, Texas. The city posted the
suggested speed of 21mph next to traffic lights. It is rather useful. In
Richardson, Texas, the timing of traffic lights are co-ordinated by central
monitor station; the co-ordinators observe the traffic volume and flow by
remote cameras then adjust the timing accordingly. It is very helpful
when Richardson is the "stampede ground" for rush-hour traffic between
suburbans and Dallas.