[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Solve speeding by limiting cars!

Shahak Nagiel wrote:

> Rigourous driving tests, as present in Germany, would be a start, I think.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Just out of curiosity, can anyone elaborate on the driving tests there

I've never taken one myself, but the tuition must include the
following before you can get a driving licence:

Motorway driving
Night driving
Town driving
Proof of having taken a first aid course
Written examination
Minimum of ten hours tuition (I believe)

As an aside, a lot of people actually get their motorcycle licence
at the same time as their car licence, although they have little
intention of getting a motorcycle, because the it is cheaper than
redoing everything at a later date.

Graham Addis