You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00009 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear  SrIman VasudEvan :

I am delighted to read your insightful  analysis
of Saint  ThyagarAjA's Krithis and their links to
SrImad RaamAyaNam particularly in the season of
SrI Raama navami. Thank you.

I recall with pleasure the beautiful renderign of
the Kokila VarALi Krithi by the Late Sangeetha Kalanidhi
Musiri Subramanya Iyer.

Saint  ThyagarAja was an expert on SrImad  RaamAyaNam ,
which was His Family's property (Kula Dhanam ). He read
from SrImad  RaamaayaNam every day and it is wonderful
to experience the echos of the IthihAsam in His krithis.
Your article on HaridAsulu brings all these points beautifully.
Please post  additioanl articles in Oppiliappan and Raama Bhakthi
Lists on Saint  ThyagarAjA's Raama Bhakthi.

V.Sadagopan

At 02:38 PM 4/3/03 +0530, you wroteof
>Post 3
>
>Dear Sri vaishNava perunthagaiyeer,
>
>In this post also we are continuing the discussion of the "haridhaasulu"
krithi with link to srimadh raamaayaNam.

>Before we get into some thing more on raamaayaNam, we will see another
krithi of saint thyaagaraajaa.

>raagam: kokila varaali         taaLam: dEshaadi
>
>pallavi
>samukhaana nilva galgunaa kamala aananaa [samukhaana]
>
>meaning: Is it possible for anyone to stand in front of You, Oh lotus-faced
raamaa?

>anupallavi
>kshaamagalgu bhoo thanaya lakshmaNa aadhi
>mahaathmulakE gaani anyulaku [samukhaana]
>
>meaning: Except for that goddess seethaa the daughter of Bhoomi dhEvi, and
the mahaathma lakshmaNa et al who has a lot of forgiveness?

>charaNam
>kamala aasanaadhi amara dhikpathulu
>kalasa vaaridhilO jooda neraka
>gumi goodi moralida kaaryamulu
>konasaagenatha thyaagaraaja vinutha [samukhaana]
>
>meaning: It is said that dhEvaas like Brahma and dhikpaalakaas [the
guardians of the directions] were not able to see You, oh lord raama, in the
milky ocean, (realize fully?).
>They all joined there together and prayed to you and succeeded in
discharging their duties, Oh, raamaa who is being sung by thyaagaraaja!

>Comment: see this krithi also comes into raamaayaNa context. While the
rishis adore raamaa, seethaa and lakshmaNa come to the place where these
rishis are assembled.

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/XUWolB/TM