You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00124 Apr 2004

Apr 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:
Dearest Srivaishnavas,
Today Chitthirai ThiruvAdhirai is Sri Bhashyakarar ?
Sri Ramanujacharya Thirunakshathram. Let us meditate
on his lotus feet for dispeeling all our anjnAnam and
bless us with paripoorna sEshathva jnAnam and to
follow the wonderful clear unambiguous path of
Saranagathi laid by the most compassionate AchArya
saarvabhouman..

As we are all aware the famous thaniyan on Ramanuja-
and this was composed by KooratthAzhwAn -which is well
known to the group.

yo nityam acyuta-padAmbuja-yugma-rukma/
vyAmohatas tad itarANi tRNAya mene /
asmadh guror bhagavathOsya dayaika-sindhO:
rAmAnujasya caraNau SaraNam prapadyE/

I take refuge at the feet of my AchAryan Ramanuja,
that ocean of mercy who, infatuated with the golden,
Lotus Feet of the Lord Sriya: Pathi Sriman Narayanan,
considered all else as mere blades of grass. (what an
anubhavam!).

Let us now take Swami Desikan's YathirAja Sapthathi.
Verse 10 is the most beautiful sloka with great
meaning which is as follows  (Translation in English
by Sri U.Ve . V.N Vedanta Desikan (from Tamil
Commentary by Villivalam Sri U Ve Narayanacharya Swamy
from Sri Nrisimhapriya magazine)

May Sri Ramanuja-muni, accept my humble prostration -
he whose works performed the service as the woman-
attendant for the Veda- lady (who has captivated the
Lord and is His consort), this Veda- lady holding the
Lord under her spell, in a dependent manner- so to
say.

Elaboration (as heard in H.H Sri Poundareekapuram
Andavan upanyaasam): There is a Pattamahishi (the
queen) - the beloved queen of the King. This queen is
the most favorite of the King and the King always
dances to her tune because he likes her for her good
virtuous qualities and above all her exquisite beauty.
This Pattamahishi is the Vedas (personified as the
lady). This lady has always the most favorite of the
King (the Lord Sriya: Pathi Sriman Narayanan, because
it is Vedas- most Truthful).

This lady has not been well attended for quite some
time by the maids (they are other religions like
Advaitham, Saakkiyam, SamaNam, etc.. distorting the
Vedic beliefs and truths with wrong,
misinterpretations)  and the King is not pleased with
them because the queen does not look pretty and
orderly. Her tresses (hair) is all dirty; her make up
is untidy; The hair is not oiled, not perfumed; not
combed, because of which there is lot of  little knots
 ("sidukku"). Thus the Vedas have lost their glory and
their true nature the King (the Lord) is not pleased
with her appearance and the queen (Vedas) as well
thereby.

Now the king has appointed the lady (i.e Ramanuja's
Sri sookthis like Sri Bhashyam) who very nicely
brought back all the orderliness, put back everything
in place, applied oils, perfumes (with his arguments
/establishing with his philosophy) and now the Vedas
are back in its TRUE FORM; THE KING IS IMMENSELY
PLEASED.

I bow to such GREAT SRI RAMANUJA WHO HAS SAVED VEDAS!

What a narration by Sri Vedanta Desikan!

YathirAjar ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam

Swami Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana