You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00147 Apr 2008

Apr 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sridhar Swamin,
Adiyen enjoyed the writeup of Anandazwar's birth place and other minute details from the records and other photos taken.
Hatts off to your effort and I immensly thank you for the informations which is
interesting and it will be very useful for many Bakthas.

adiyen,
nochalur seshadri sampath.
(the write up Sriman Sridhar is very useful and I request the moderator to permit me to include the same)
srihi@xxxxxxxx wrote:
SrI:

Respected Bhagawathas,

http://www.pbase.com/svami/kiranganur

Today is very important day for us, today is Chithra pournami, then
Thirunakshtram of Madhurakavi Alwar and Thirumalai Anantha Alwan. There is
striking similarity between the two and also our Lord Shatruguna of
Ramayana. Oh oh, i know you may be asking, the answer is for them thier Guru
is GOD. Like Shatruguna Worshipped Bharatha and thru him he saw Rama. Like
wise Madhurakavi Alwar saw Sriman Narayana thru his Guru our beloved SUper
Acharya Sri Namalwar, So for our Ananth Alwar His Guru Emperumanar was all
for him.As you all are aware that I explore old Vishnu Temples in karnataka
and I have been presenting the Pictures of it to you all. Since Long time I
have read about Sri Ananth Alwan and heard he was born in Sriputtur near
Melkote. I was trying to locate where it was.Then in the Month of January
2008 before i left for tour of Hassan,Mandya and Mysore District temples, I
had asked for help from you all regarding the places to be visited and One
gentleman from Mumbai suggested that I should visit Kiranganur The Birth
place of Anath Alwan, I was thrilled to get the telephone number etc. I then
got in touch with Sri U.Ve.Ananthacharya mama, and told him of my intention
to visit . I was not sure of my scheduled time of visit, for that he told
any time just before reaching the place give him a call and in five minutes
he will come and help in darsanam . Then on 14th January after visiting the
Saligrama (The first place in karnataka which Udayavar landed), Then came to
Chunchunkatte had the Darshan of Lord Rama and then from there proceeded to
KR Nagara, then reached a place named Yelwala, there is Y shaped road, The
road on immidiate left goes to Srirangapattnam and other on right goes to
Mysore City. We took the road to Srirangapattanam / Brindavan gardens, Then
reached Srirangapattnam then called up U.Ve.Ananthacharya mama, he told to
travel 3 Kms from Srirangapattanam and then turn left on the road going to
Pandavapura and Melkote, then travel another 3 kms and at the Right side a
Board of Anandalwar trust will greet you and he will join us in 10 mins.
Then after 10 mins mama came along with his daughter in two wheeler. I was
sursprised inspite of advanced age he came all the way driving from
srirangapattinam . Then he opened the Sannidhi and did Archanai to Perumal
and all, gave us theertha Prasadam and then narrated the story of Anathalwan
and also gave us some small book in Kannada on Anathalwan and I handed it
over to my official translator (My wife Geetha only tranlates all sthala
purana in kannada which i collect and translate and present it before you
all). The Journalist mind started working and I asked him how they
identified this place as Ananth Alwans birth place, for that he told they
dug age old the revenue records ( Patta) and in that it was mentioned
thirumalai Anath alwans name , they could only recover a small portion of
the huge tract of land and built a temple for Lord Srinivasa and other. And
every year Ananthalwan Usthavam is celebrated here and also at Thirumala.

Please visit the birth place of these Sri Vaishnava Acharya at Kiranganur
for darshan please contact a dedicated soul and great scholar who is in
service of Ananthalwar.Kiranganur is very very close to Srirangapattinam.

Sri U.Ve.Ananthacharya,

Trustee,

Thiru Anandalwar Sanidhi Trust,

2967,A Ramanna Street,

Srirangapatna 571438.

Mobile :0 9448836913

Sorry for presenting the picture late (it was taken in January 08 and it is
his divine will that i release the picture on the occassion of his
Thirunakshtram.

One good news I am revamping the Mega site of Sri Ramanuja and will upload
the same very shortly. In that you will find detials of Kiranganur and also
Ananth Alwan Thirumaligai at Thirumala ( Please visit Ananth Alwan
Thirumaligai at Thirupathi when you visit Thirumala ( It is situated at the
back of Main Temple and You can Contact Sri Ananth Alwans Decendant Sri T A
P Kasturi at Tirumala his Telephone number is 0 9441042099)

Dasan

Sridhar

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. __._,_.___

Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan
http://www.sadagopan.org

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia