You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Feb 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00002 Feb 2005

SrI:

SrI MalOla ParabrahmaNE Nama:

Sri NaarAyaNa YathIndhra MahA DesikAya Nama:

Dear SishyAs and AbhimAnis of SrI Matam :

VichAraNai now Continues  with the description of
the beauty of the flowering trees on the banks of river Ganga .
This is the resting place (latha gruham ) for recouping from
the stresses and fatigue of travel ( SanthApa samana
anukoolatvam sTalam ) :

yEtE nirbharaniryath-sourabha-sudhA-prAgbhAra-vibrAjitham
mAnOlucchan-meenalAnchana-mahAdhAnushka-BhANOthkaram
ChAyleena-mahEndhravAra-vanithAgamallamalyOchitham
SaakhAgrair-munchanthipushpanikaram vrukshA maruth-kshObhithA:

(meaning): These trees shaken by the wind ( Maruth KshObhithA:
VrukshA: ) are showering their beautiful flowers from the tip of
their branches ( SaakhAgrai: pushpa nikaram munchanthi) .
With his profound poetic insight , Swamy Desikan points out
the specaity of thesefragrant , honey-laden  flowers
coming down in big heaps :

(1) these flowers have inside them ,  honey drops/nectar
that are noted for their intense and lasting fragrance   ( yEthE
nirbhara-niryath-sourabha sudhA prAgbhAra vibhrAjitham) ;
prAgbhAra: means dominance .

(2) These bunches of wind-driven , falling flowers are like
the heaps of arrows of Manmathan ( Meena-lAnchana
mahA-dhAnushka BhANOthkaram)  for those unlike us in making them
shamelessly affected by them ; " Meenalanchana mahAdhanushkan "
is Manmathan wielding his poweful bow with arrows of pushpam .
The heap /assembly of Pushpa BhANams is BhANOthkaram.

(3 ) these flowers are the decorative objects for the black tresses of
the beautiful apsaras women , who stay under the shades of these
trees (ChAyA-leena MahEndhravAravanithaa dhammila-maalyOchitham);
The Apsaras women do not expose themselves to Sun and are always
seek shade to protect their beautiful complexions (ChAyaa-leena MahEndhra
vaara-vanithA:). Their hair assemblys (kEsa Bhandhams=dhammila)
are adorned with these heaps of descending flowers transported by
the blowing wind.

SraddhA , the maid servant of the queen now responds to her colleague .

VichAraNai ! Excellent , my dear friend ! As you suggested , I will rest
for a short time at this lathA gruham and they both walk towards it.

Now Sraddhai asks her friend VichAraNai a question : My dear one !
what is the purpose of your visit here ? What mission have you come on ?
(Kim nimittham imam pradEsam aagathA ? ) .

VichAraNai answers :   Dear Friend ! Please listen . Today , VivEka
Mahaa Raajaa's efforts assisted by his commander-in-chief , VyavasAyan
to destroy the nAsthika paksham has come to the attention of the Mahaa Moha
raaja  and latter is panicking . He has called in the experts in nAsthika ,
avaidhika mathams , who can spread the misleading and incorrect
Mathams like Bhoudhdam and Jainam for helping him. The assembly of
these kudhrushti matha vaadhis are about to engage in tracking
the Jeevan , whose mind is deeply immersed in the meditation on
the sacred feet of Sriman NaarAyaNan . These representatives
of unsound and fake mathams are tracking the Jeevan to cheat it and
deflect it to their mathams . Queen Sumathy heard about these efforts of
Mahaa Moha raaja and wants to alert privately VyavasAyan
(the Commander -in-chief of the King , VivEka Mahaa Raajaa ) about
the enemy intentions and movements . I (VichAraNai) have now arrived
here to meet VyavasAyan , who is busy consulting with  VivEka Mahaa Raajaa
about the ensuing battle plans . ( Swamy  Desikan contemptously puts down
the naasthikAs, who do not believe in Veda PramANam as Budha-Jeena-
pramukha-siddhAntha - sTApana praveeNA: kuhaka Vaadhina: and as Kumathis
and Kudhrushtis).

SraddhA : Oh VichAriNi ! Mahaa Mohan's efforts assisted by the dushta
vaadhis is laughable like the music of donkeys in the marriage of PisAsus
(restless goblins without bodies ) . Let that be ! It is not a difficult
task for VivEka Mahaa Raajaa to defear kumathy siddhAnthams.

VichAraNai : My dear one ! What makes you think that it is so easy for
the king to defeat Para mathams such as ChArvAkam founded by
the brillianrt Deva Guru , Bruhaspathy ?

SraddhA  : Whatever is Sathyam will not perish ( Yath Sathyam tadhEva
nithyam bhavathi) . The falsehood will reamin always false ( Yath punarmiTyA
tath kaalEnaaleekam bhavathy) .  This is the worldly wisdom . You will see
how the truth behind my utterance ( mama vachana sathyam) will endure
with the power of PramANams to be cited by our Mahaa Raajaa.

SraddhA cntinues with the recitation of a beautiful poem that endorses
her view about the inevitabilty of success by VivEkan in the ensuing battle:

dhrusyamAnO DhivasEsvara iva BahuLa-mandhakAra-prAgbhArakam
dheepyamAnasccha dhavAnala iva vipulam vindhyADavee-maNDalam
thvaramANasccha prabhanjana iva tuLitham sailEna thULOthkaram
prekshamANO nikhilamapi dhurmathi matham bhEtthum VivEka: Prabhu:

TasmAth VivEka-vijaya-kaamasya MahAmOhasya kumathy gaNa
sangrahaNam , Saagara lankanOthsukasya upalasaa: yaanvEshaNam .

(meaning) : Oh VichAraNai ! Our Viveka Mahaa Raaja is powerful
to destroy the avaidhika Para mathams on sight and his power is
like the rising Sun banishing the darkness of the night ; it is like
the forest fire destroying swiftly the trees in the dense forests of
VindhyA mountains  ; it is like the powerful winds blowing away
the bales of cotton .

Therefore , the efforts of Mahaa Mohan to assemble the hordes of
Kumathys is equal to the one , who wishes to cross the ocean
chaining himself to a heavy stone prior to launching that effort .

VichAraNai : Oh SraddhA ! My doubts have cleared now from listening
to your statements. I have gained hope about our king's prowess.
I will complete my task ( assigned by the Queen , Sumathy) and
report back to her about the completion of the mission.

Sraddhai: VichAriNi! You have indeed illustrated that the Unity in opinion
is indeed the  mark of friendship ( SamAna chittha vrutthithvam
Sakhithvam Thvayaa prakAsitham ) . I will now rush to collect
the lotus flowers needed for the worship of BhagavAn by
the Queen . Oh VichAriNi ! please enter the palace now to fulfil
your mission ( of alerting the commander in chief  about
Mahaa Mohan's plans ).

Both now exit the stage . PravEsakam for the second act
is completed . It is hinted that VivEka Mahaa Raajaa will
arrive at he appropriate place for Yuddham soon after being
alerted by VichAraNai.

PravEsakam SampoorNam

Srimate Sri Laksminrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka
SrivaNN Satakopa Sri Narayana Yatindra Mahadesikaya Nama:

Daasan , Oppiliappan KOil VaradAchAri Sadagopan

P.S : The next KaalakshEpam of Srimath Azhagiya Singar
is scheduled for tomorrow ( Feb 2 at 8.30 A.M EST
and 7 P.M IST ) . Please join , if you can . The bridge
Telephone number and codes are : 1-714-678-2000
and 454545#

Due to the week long celebration of HH InjimEdu Srimath
Azhagiya Singar's Thirunakshathram celebrations ,
the KaalakshEpams of HH IdhAnim Azhagiya Singar
will be postponed for a week .

Would you Help a Child in need?
It¿s easier than you think.
Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kx_54C/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/XUWolB/TM