You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Feb 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00027 Feb 2005

Dear Sri. Sadagopan mama,
I believe I have already contributed for one day (my
son Vishnu's birthday) Aradhanam at Thuppul.  I would
like to extend it to an additional day's (possibly on
my recently born daughter Prithvi's
birthday)Kiamkaryam.  Suggest me how to deliver the
funds to support this activity (paypal or direct check
to you etc).  Thanks.

--Sreenivas

--- Sadagopan <sgopan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> SrI:
>
> Dear BhakthAs :
>
> The 11 SlOkams of SrI Sthavam have now been covered
> .
> adiyEn will move on to Sri Vaikunta Sthavam . This
> magnificent
> Sthavam of KurEsar has 100 slOkams and has the
> SaarArthams
> (essential menaings of Sri BhAshyam passages ) and
> therefore
> it has been recommended as a must to study by us .
>
> Before we start a study on Sri Vaikunta Sthavam ,
> may I appeal to you to support atleast one day of
> the AarAdhanam at ThUppul ( Rs.1,500 or $35 ) .
> Your support for the Multiple days of AarAdhanam
> is also most welcome . Please contact me to help
> you with the routing of your tax deductible funds to
>
> continue with the AarAdhanam thru the development of
> a core fund .
>
> The Structure of Sri Vaikunta Sthavam
> 1) The First slOkam is a magnificent tribute to
> EmperumAnAr
> by KurEsar . This slOkam is the one that we use
> daily :
> " yO nithyamachyutha padhAmbhuja yugamarugma " .
>
> (2 )& (3) : These two slOkams offer prayer to
> recieve the anugraham of
> Swamy  NammAzhwAr in the efforts to compose SrI
> Vaikunta Sthavam .
>
> 4) Salutatiomns to Sriman NaarAyaNan , the
> Jagan-MangaLa JyOthi :
> the Svayam JyOthi .
>
> (5) Prayer for the Lord to appear before the Kavi
> with His Dhivya
> MangaLa Vigraham .
>
> (6) Salutations to the DhivyAthma Svarooapm of the
> Lord .
>
> (7) Description of the Vaathsalyam of the Lord for
> His BhakthAs .
>
> (8) KurEsar's discomfort about his ability to engage
> in the task of
> eulogizing the Lord .
>
> (9) Declaration of his (KurEsar's) determination to
> make a feeble
> attempt to eulogize a miniscule of the Lord's
> limitless glories .
>
> (10) Salutations to the Lord's foremost attribute :
> KshamA ( forbearance) .
>
> We will study the Sri Vaikunta Sthava slOkams few at
> a time :
>
> First SlOkam of SrI Vaikunta Sthavam
> yO nithyamachyutha padhAmbhuja-yugma-rukma-
>   vyAmOhathas-tadhirANi thruNAya mEnE
> asmadh-gurOr-bhagavathoasya dayaikasindhO:
>   RaamAnujasya charaNou SaraNam prapadhyE
>
> (Meaning): adiyEn has sought the refuge of the
> sacred feet of
> AchArya RaamAnujA , the huge ocean of Mercy  and who
> possesses
> the celebrated six guNams of BhagavAn Himself .  He
> considered
> every thing else other than the golden pair of the
> lotus feet of Achyuthan ,
> as worthless blades of grass . He is our illustrious
> AchAryan , who chases
> away the dark night of nescience (ajn~Anam) suffered
> by the ThoNDar
> [...]

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

Would you Help a Child in need?
It is easier than you think.
Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O2aXmA/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/XUWolB/TM