You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Feb 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00070 Feb 2005

Respected Sadagopaji and all other bhAgavatas here, please accept my
respectful pranams,

--- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sadagopan <sgopan@xxxx> wrote:

> Mukti or Moksham includes permanent residence in
> the Lord's Supreme abode (Sri Vaikuntam ) and  serving Him there to
> the heart's content with blemish free kaimkaryam ( service)
> and enjoying that bliss on a par with the Lord .

What forms can this service take? I mean, how do the muktAs serve
ZrIman NArAyaNa there? Is ZrIman NArAyaNa the only Lord there?

What is meant by "enjoying bliss on a par with the Lord"?

> The Parama PurushArTam of Moksham is not outside the 4 listed
> as PurushArTams although a particular darsanam ( theistic
> philosophy ) callas Bhakthi as the fifth PurushArTam . Sri
VaishNavaas
> folowing VisishtAdhvaitha darsanam agree on four PurushArtams.

If mokza is not outside the four purusArthas, then why is it
described as 'parama' purusArtha? Does not 'parama' stand for
higher, viz., higher than the previous four?

Which darzana lists bhakti as fifth purusArtha?

If possible, could you please provide references along with English
translation?

Kind regards,

S. Dadlani

http://us.click.yahoo.com/UwRTUD/UOnJAA/i1hLAA/XUWolB/TM