From: "killuminati108" <killuminati@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:39 PM
Subject: [Oppiliappan] Re: parama-purusArtha

> Respected Sadagopaji and all other bhAgavatas here, please accept my
> respectful pranams,
>
> --- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sadagopan <sgopan@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Mukti or Moksham includes permanent residence in
> the Lord's Supreme abode (Sri Vaikuntam ) and  serving Him there to
> the heart's content with blemish free kaimkaryam ( service)
> and enjoying that bliss on a par with the Lord .

> What forms can this service take? I mean, how do the muktAs serve
> ZrIman NArAyaNa there? Is ZrIman NArAyaNa the only Lord there?

The Jeevan engages in Kaimkaryams that pleases the Lord
and His DEvis . Singing for Him , Dancing for Him , carrying
His aabharaNams , decorating Him , worshipping Him etc etc .
Sriman NaarAyaNan is the LOrd of Sri Vaikuntam and there
are no other Gods there , who are equal or Superior to Him .
Brahma , Rudra , Indhra serve Him as His DaasAs .

> What is meant by "enjoying bliss on a par with the Lord"?

The liberated Jeevans in Sri Vaikuntam  can enjoy BrahmAnandham
through their services to the Lord (Archanai , AarAdhanam , UpachAram
etc ) and vie with one another . The Lord gains aanandham by recieving
those kamkaryams( Services from the muktha Jeevans). Thus they have the same
level of joy .Whatever  Bhagavaan's Iswaryam , the Jeevan is blessed to
enjoy them . Only activities that the Jeevan does not share with Its Lord
in Sri Vaikuntam is  are the activities of creation , protection &
dissolution of
the Universe .That is a duty exclusive to the Lord .

>> The Parama PurushArTam of Moksham is not outside the 4 listed
>> as PurushArTams although a particular darsanam ( theistic
>> philosophy ) callas Bhakthi as the fifth PurushArTam . Sri
> VaishNavaas >> folowing VisishtAdhvaitha darsanam agree on four
> PurushArtams.
>>

> If mokza is not outside the four purusArthas, then why is it
> described as 'parama' purusArtha? Does not 'parama' stand for
> higher, viz., higher than the previous four?

It is the Supreme and ultimate Goal and hence it is called
the Parama PurushArhtam . It is eternal unlike arTam (wealth)
and not pain causing ultimately (Kaamam ) . Observances of
DharmAs and anushtAnams as directed by AchAryAs
lead to Moksham , the  Parama PurushArTam (the Supreme goal
of life ) .

> Which darzana lists bhakti as fifth purusArtha?

Dhvaitham founded by Sri MadhvAchArya.

> If possible, could you please provide references along with English
> translation?

http://www.sadagopan.org
Dr.SMS Chary's books .

V.Sadagopan