You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00032 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear friend,

Thank you for the kind feedback.
Any good book on the history of mathematics should give a good
account of the history of 'zero'. My own favourite book is by Peter
Bernstein's "Against the Gods" which is a very good work on the
history of Risk management using mathematical tools/techniques.

Nothing in my piece on "shoonya" is really original. It is only
reflection on ideas and thoughts that I have come across in other
books including our ancient scriptures like the Sahasranamam.

Glad you liked the piece.

Thank you,
regards,

dAsan,