Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 11:53 PM
Subject: [Oppiliappan] Recent incident of Cyber Vandalism at a Sister List

I have recently received about 30 virus infected emails - all from known addresses and every one of these was caught and deleted by Norton anti-virus software; I update the virus-definitions very frequently.
The problem is not email sent by a malignant individual; it is the source virus which has infected many computers which send emails with viruses to the addresses on the internet computer. One method to deal with this is the anti-virus software kept uptodate for virus definitions; it automatically detects. The other is to read the title, subject etc before opening the email. Of course, the attachments shd not be opened unless they pass thro antivirus software. They say, look before you leap. We can say now: look before you click!
Krishnaswamy