You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Oct 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00026 Oct 2007

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika Mahadesikaya nama:

Dearest All,

In the sixth decad, AzhwAr sang in the role of Gopikas
and longed for the love of KaNNan with viraha thApam.
As a contrast, Kulasekara AzhwAr remembers the
position of Devaki who misses the entire pranks,
childhood leelas of KaNNan and after Kamsa?s killing,
KaNNan comes to see his mother Devaki. AzhwAr takes
this opportunity to sing in the role of devaki and
laments in this ten as to what all she had missed. A
soul stirring and anubhavam laden decad? that brings
tears to one?s eyes if they understand AzhwAr?s
anubhavam and Devaki?s role.

AzhwAr pours out his grief for not being able to enjoy
the Kutti KaNNan (in Devaki?s role). He cries out
through the media of Devaki by simulating emotions
motherly tenderness to the child.

Celebration of the Mother-child love through the
anubhavam of Devaki vis-a-vis  Bala KrishNan after
VasudEvar moved Him to AaypAdi for "safety". The
Mother(Devaki), who had to give up her own child and
her missing the Aanandham of enjoying her child
growing up. Frustrated Devaki thus laments about her
misfortune (dourbhAgyam).  AzhwAr experiences the
sorrow of Devaki and relates it to his vislEsham
(separation )from the Lord.

aalai neeLkarum pannavan thaalO
ampu yuththataNG kaNNinan thaalO
vElai neern^iRath thannavan thaalO
vEzhap pOthaka mannavan thaalO
Ela vaar_kuzha lenmakan thaalO
enRen Runnaien vaayidai niRaiya
thaalo litthitum thiruvinai yillaath
thaaya rilkatai yaayina thaayE (2)      7.1

She sings lullaby to Him now.

Oh My darling son! The One, who is like sugar came
that is just nice for being squeezed to extract sweet
juice! Lullaby to You. The One who has large ruddy
lined red lotus eyed Lord! Lullaby to you. The blue
hued ocean like coloured One! Lullaby. Oh elephant cub
like one! The most fragrant haired my dearest son!
Lullaby- like that very many times, I would have made
you sleep enjoyed uttering your divine beauty. I am
indeed so unfortunate mother. Such a dhourbhaagya
saali.

What an unfortunate mother I am that I could not sing
the lullabies for my own dearest child!

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana