You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Oct 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00028 Oct 2007

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika Mahadesikaya nama:

Dearest All,

AzhwAr pours out his grief for not being able to enjoy
the Kutti KaNNan (in Devaki?s role). He cries out
through the media of Devaki by simulating emotions
motherly tenderness to the child.

AzhwAr feels (in the Devaki role) ?my husband Vasudeva
is the unluckiest father..

munthai nanmuRai yunpudai makaLir
muRaimu Raintham kuRangidai yirutthi
enthai yEenran kulapperuNY sudarE
ezhumu kilkaNath thezhilkava rERE
unthai yaavan_en Ruraippan^in sengEzh
virali Nnumkataik kaNNinum kaatta
nanthan peRRanan nalvinai yillaa
nangaL kOnvasu thEvanpeR RilanE         7.3

The affectionate and close lady members of family
relations place the little infant KaNNan on their laps
and admire His Beauty. They address Him: ?my dearest
master! Our brightest lamp of our Gopa kulam! Oh
jyOthi! Jewel of our family! The most beautiful one
who looks like a bull and the dark rain bearing
clouds!? etc..

[Devaki adds:] when those ladies further ask: show
your father is? the little Kutti KaNNan with a side
glance, points His little finger at Nandhagopan. He is
the most fortunate one. Alas! My husvand Vasudeva, the
unfortunate one is not blessed with that bhaagyam!

It has been the tradition that the ladies in the
family take the child turn by turn in their waist and
lap with love. If asked who your father is, your
beautiful fingers and your beautiful glances will
point at Nanda. My husband, Vasudeva, having not done
adequate good deeds, did not have this previlege.

Vasudevasutham devam kamsa chaNoora mardhanam
Devaki paramaanandham krishNam vandhE jagadgurum..

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE saraNam
Regards
Namo narayana
dAsan