You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00132 Nov 2003

SrI:

Dear Swamy  Desika BhakthAs:

We will now enjoy  the three paasurams of
Amrutha SvAdhini Prabhandham  connected with
the  Dhvaya adhikAram of Saara Saara chillaRai
Rahasyam.

102) Dhvayam intertwined with SaraNAgathy
**************************************
Our most merciful AchAryas knowing how difficult it
would be for us to practise the difficult upAyams taught  by
the VedAs like Karma , Jn~Ana and Bhakthi Yogams
instructed us on the easy-to-observe upAyam of Prapatthi Yogam.

Our AchAryA's  intent was to save us from the difficulities and
frustrations in following the ardous path of Bhakthi
and other yogams . Benefitting from their UpadEsam on
Prapatthi, adiyEn longed to gain life in Parama Padham
to perform nithya kaimkaryam to the Dhivya Dampathis
in a state of freedom from ahankAra-MamakArams.
Next , adiyEn held on to the sacred feet of the Lord
as protection and as the bridge across the terrible ocean
of SamsAram  as instructed by our AchAryans.

The key passage in this Paasuram is: " Dharumam udayAr
uraikka , yAnn aRinthu , tanakku yennA adimaikkAm vAzhcchi
vENDi  , ThirumahaLODu orukAlum piriyA NaaTan tiNN
Kazhal Sethu yena sErhinREn "

" Dharmam UdayAr uraikka yAnn aRinthu " in the above
section refers to the AchAryAs , who are conversant with
Dharmams performing upadEsam for the Jeevan for its
KshEmam . "Tanakku yennA adimaikkAm vAzhcchi
vENDi " refers to the ideal life appropriate
for nithya Kaimakraym free of any blemish of
" Me and Mine " .  Where is this kaimkaryam to
be performed and for whom ? " ThirumahaLODu
orukAlum piriyA NaaTan tiNN kazhalE sEthu yena
sErhinREn " . adiyEn wishes to perform that Kaimakryam
in the Parama Padham of the Lord , who is never ever
separated from His beloved consort , MahA Lakshmi.
For that purpose , adiyEn has dared to hold on to the Lord's
sacred feet as the aNai (dam/causeway ) to cross the dangerous
ocean of SamsAram to reach the other shore to arrive at
SrI Vaikuntam.

103) The Six Meanings of SrI Sabdham
**********************************
In the first part of the Dhvaya Manthram , we come
across the SrI Sabdham . PaancharAthra Saasthrams
bless us with six complimentary and yet distinct meanings
of the SrI Sabdham ( SruNAthi , SreeNAthi , SruNOthi ,
SrAvayathee , SrIyathE and SrayathE ). Swamy  Desikan
explained these six meanings in the first section of the 103rd
Paasuram :

" Vinai vidutthu veyan guNatthAl yemmai aakki
  veruvurai kEttu avai kEtkka viLambi nALum
  tanai anaitthum adainthidat-tAnn adainthu ninRa
  Tann ThirumAthudan iRayum taniyA NaaTan"

The elaborate coverage of these six meanings of
the SrI Sabdham are covered in the 304th Desika-
Prabhandham  named Dhvaya Churukku .

(Condensed meaning of the 103rd Paasuram ):  Our Lord , who
is never without His Divine Consort recognized that His anantha
KalyANa guNams will  be protected  only if He  rescues
the suffering jeevans from SamsAric  sorrows. Hence , He engages
in motivating the Jeevans to perform Prapatthi and accepts
the surrenders of Jeevans for protection and thereby stabilizes
His name as SaraNAgatha Rakshakan .

104) Showering His grace on PrapannAs as SrI RanganAthan
Lord RanganAthan recieving nithya kaimakryam from Nithya
Sooris at His Supreme abode of SrI Vaikuntam stays as
ArchAvathAran at SrIrangam to bless kaimkarya
soubhAgyam for those , who surrendered to Him without
ahankAra-MamakArams . He rests under the PraNavAkAra
vimAnam at SrIrangam for making it possible for the PrapannAs
to perform Kaimkaryam to Him right here at SrIrangam . His
inherent KaruNai towards the Jeevans grows further due to
to the presence of MahA Lakshmi on His chest . This merciful
Lord stays as my birth mother and vows to accept the responsibilites
of my protection and assures me freedom from fear. He has now
granted me the shade of His Sacred Feet to free me from
the unbearable SamsAric heat .

The key passage is: " ThiruvudanE amarntha NaaTan , tahavudanE
annai yena adaikkalam koNDu anjal tanthu azhal aaRa nizhal aara
aLIkkinRAn " .

Swamy  Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,
Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SadagOpan

 Srimate Sri Laksminrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka
SrivaNN Satakopa Sri Narayana Yatindra Mahadesikaya Nama:

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/XUWolB/TM