You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00039 Feb 2002

sri:
Dear Devotees: Please accept adiyEn's humble pranams.

Yes any amount that a devotee is willing to give towards this cause is great.
But here is some background.

There are questions as to what/who is VEDICS and what is the purpose etc.
Please visit http://www.radioramanuja.com/docs/purpose.htm

Item 4 at this link:
Temple maintenance:
We have tried variations of this in the past, with varying levels of success,
but
we have settled on a more local model now. We have
chosen two areas - thirunangur and kanchipuram for two
pilot projects. These two areas were chosen primarily
because we either happen to be intimately familiar
with these areas, or have managed to rope in someone
who is intimately familiar with these areas. That
makes it easier for the volunteers to co-ordinate.

A local committee is being formed (consisting of a
temple person, non-temple person, local leader of the
community and the temple EO in some cases) in each
area.
A corresponding foreign committee will be
formed. The foreign committee will be entrusted with
the task of publicity and raising funds for small
projects in the temple.
The local committee will involve the local community, and
implement the projects as planned. The local committee will also
include a representative from a major donor in some
cases.
Temple Visits and Tourism:
If someone wants to visit the temple etc., the
local committee will co-ordinate. We require
volunteers in India as well as abroad for this
project.
This will allow easy access for any one interested in visiting a temple
for spiritual reasons and sometimes their families for touristic reasons.

We are planning a Temple tour (30 or so Dhivya desams)
for devotees outside India (who do not have local contacts to
completely enjoy a temple visit). Slotted in Jan/Feb 2003'
Luxury Tour buses with AC to allow devotees to travel
and enjoy kalakshepams/ discussions for 5 to 6 days.

With Lords grace, we facilitate more people to
visit these temples. We need to get more people to
fall in love with these temples and take up these causes.

VEDICS is working towards a local committee and a sponsor committe
for every temple that is in need.

azhwAr emberumAnAr JeeyAr thiruvadigalE saranam

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Mukundan Vangkipuram Pattangi
http://www.radioramanuja.com

Home Page