You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00056 Feb 2004

Dear Bhagavathas,
I was really happy to see Smt.Sumitra's mail, as she has
written whatever I wanted to write. To add a few more lines to her
mail regarding the Anushtanam's followed by our poorvacharyars,
Our Ramanuja Sampradhayam emphasizes Seshathvam and
Parathanthriyam and also "Melaiyar seivangal". A Seshan cannot ask
questions nor he cannot do researches on the statements of his master.
(this is against our Sampradhayam). so all we need to do is to follow
simply.
Eventhough, I understand that it is difficult to follow(esp when
it comes to Sandhya) lets not find justifications for not doing as it
been rightly quoted in the mail "Avan manam kanni pOga nAm
kAranamAgalAmA?".If we start doing this way, then the future
generations will come with more questions such as "what is scientific
reason for doing Thiruvaradhanam, why should I go to temple as
Perumal is there in my heart as Antharyami etc. etc."
When our Ramanuja found it difficult for people like us(the
regular samsari) to do the three Yogas to attain our Beloved Lord and
made "Saranagathi" the best way, then why didn't he change other
karmas too? Are we that qualified to question them and change them?

Kshmikka prarthikkiren,

adiyen
ramanujam

Home Page