You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jun 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00025 Jun 2002

Jun 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

srImathE rAmAnujAya namah
srImathE vara vara munayE namah

dear bhAgavathAs,

With a lot of hesitation, we are posting this on this
list. This post is of a fundraising activity, and
the hesitation is due to the fact that the same
people contribute for many many causes.. However,
we feel that this cause is something that is
dear to our hearts, and hence we are posting this.

The cause is the samprOkshaNam of svAmi maNavALa
mAmunigaL's birthplace temple at sikkil kidAram.
Over the past couple of years, work has been
going on in renovating the temple. Almost 6 lakhs
have been spent and the temple is in a renovated
state now. All that needs to be done is the
samprOkshaNam. The dates for that have been fixed
for July 4,5,6,7 of this year.

HH srI vAnamAmalai jIyar svAmi will head the
samprOkshaNam. Other jeeyar svAmis and AchArya
purushAs are also expected to attend.

When srI thirukkOshtiyUr mAdhavan svAmi approached
us to help with the funds for the samprOkshaNAm,
on behalf of srI vAnamAmalai jIyar svAmi
and others, we could not say no. After all,
this is the birthplace of our svAmi. The following
are the estimates for the samprOkshaNam:

1. yAgasAla (12 archakas, for 9 kuNdams) = 32,000
(Archaka sambhAvana for 4 days)
2. paricharaka for the yagasala = 2,000
3. 12 adhyApakAs for divya prabhandham = 18,000
(12 * 1500 for 4 days)
4. 4 vEda pArAyaNa adhyApakAs = 6,000
5. 6 grantha patana adhyApakAs = 9,000
(for svAMi MM's works)
6. sambhAvana for 10 srIVaishNavAs = 5,000
7. mElam, vAdhyam for 4 days = 9,000
8. cooks (10 cooks, 4 days) = 14,000

Total for sambhAvanAs = 95,000

Other expenses:
1. yAgasAla materials (ghee, rice etc,) = 15,000
2. flowers (20000 rupees per day) = 8,000
{ perumAl, thAyAr, svAmi, AzhvArs,
AchAryAs, yAgasALa etc..)
3. yAgasAla vastrAs, pUrNAhuti vastra = 10,000
4. vEshti for 60 people (listed above) = 18,000
5. thathIya ArAdhana (200 people per = 60,000
day, 4 days)
6. vasthram for perumAL, thAyAr etc. = 15,000
7. vessels for thiruArAdhanam, yAgas = 20,000
8. procession expenses = 5,000
9. prasAdam for gOsti (townpeople etc.)= 18,000
10. pandhal, light. mike etc.. = 20,000

Total: 189,000

Total expenses = 2,84,000

In dollar terms, it is approx.5900.

The above represents a complete list of expenses,
and in some cases, the estimate is a bit higher
to be on the safe side.

Our request is for people to
(i) consider helping with funds
(ii) more important, spread the message so that
your friends/relatives/you in India attend the
function on July 4,5,6,7. (6,7 = sat,sun).

We will be raising funds in India as well.
Our ideal dream is that we do this as a complete
Ramanuja/Vedics project - As a group wouldn;t
it be nice for us to do this for our AchArya?

Varadhan/TVVenkatesh will coordinate in India,
and Mukundan/guNa will coordinate abroad.

AzhvAr emperumAnAr jIyar thiruvadigaLE saraNam,

rAmAnuja dAsAs,
vEdics/rAmAnuja list moderators