You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jun 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00056 Jun 2002

Jun 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
SrimathE RAmAnujAya nama:

Dear Sri Parthasarathy,

Thanks for explaining things. I have one silly question.
Can I write "Ramanuja Dasyai" or is it only after I undergo
samAshrayaNam?

> No such separate exercise in our Sampradhaya. We have
> submitted ourselves to Acharya;
> Hereafter he will lookafter our Athma yatra.

Is it for the same reason we "sEvichify/prostrate" only once?

> 3. Regarding Prapatti. It is our mental condition in
> accepting Emperuman"s grace and his Further acts in promoting
> it.
>

> In this connection, Adiyen will like to quote gist of
> Emperumanar's words. ( This is available In Guruparampara
> Prabhavam, 6000 padi). Prapannan need not worry for his "deha
> yatra' ( day today life). It is karmadheenam.(is according to our
> past karmas.). He need not worrry for his Atma atra ( spiritual
> life) It is DEivadheenam. Once you have submitted yourself to an
> Acharya he will take care of your spiritual life, The desire of
> Prapanna will flourish by the upadesam's
> of Acharya.

Now I get your point. But still not wrt NammAzhwAr!

I have a question regarding rahasya trayam. Not everyone is
fortunate/gifted to have an AchAryA? Who will tell them this
rahasyam? One of my friend wants learn VishNu sahasranAmam,with my
little knowledge(.00000000000000000000000000000000000001%)I tried to
explain to him the greatness of SrimanNarayana. I was browsing my
book and in that I'd my father's visiting card(it's a spiritual card
actually b'coz my father had put rahasya trayam in that)and I gave
this to my friend to chant with faith in NArAyaNA. Am I committing a
sin? But the boy is very sincere.

Do you have a copy of 36000ppadi? Where do you live?

> Thiruvaimozhi is coming to end and Namazhvar is to enter
> Vaikuntham fully blessed by Emperuman.
> Namazhar wondered as to why Emperuman kept him in samsara for a
> long time.
> So he asks Emperuman the reason for his action.
> Emperuman replied that "You have agreed to my entry in your mind"
> Azhvar is not satisfied His further queries are excerpts as
> avilable in Thiruvaimozhi.

I understand that perumAL is the cause and the effect as well. But
why perumAL has to make NammAzhwAr wait for such a long time? Do you
mean to say that NammAzhwAr didn't allow perumAL to enter his
(former's)mind? I'm not getting the essence of this sconversation. Is
it His will when to enter our minds?

> In short, Emperuman is the real promoter of spiritual
> force in us and we need not do things on our own accord in this
> respect. It may become detrimental to our progress.

I clearly see this point. But again as I said in my previous
passage,why did NammAzhwAr have to wait long to reach Him? Is it due
to karmA or somethingelse? In connection with this,in saraNAgati
gadyam,emperumAn says "just b'coz you utterred the dwaya mantram,I do
all this for you" Is PerumAL assuring mOksha just for that? Can you
explain this?(I chant sriranga gadyam daily,other two learning
now,quite long!)

> Regarding Sattumurai. Adiyen regret, as I am far away from home
> and not in a position to answer without consulting books.

It should have come during/after maNavALa mAmunigaL's time,right?
B'coz we say "sri sailEsa". Or certain things were added later?

> Wearing of Thiruman. One of the samaskara at the time of
> Samasryana is "Pundaram". Wearing of Thiruman. Sri. Ramanuja
> had his Samasrayana under PeriaNambikal at Madhuranthakam Temple.
> So, it is clear that wearing of Thiruman was in vogue prior to
> Sri.Ramanuja.

Thanks for clearing my doubt. Do you know the origin of Azhagar
Tirumalai Madabusi(I'm an ATM on my mother's side)? I want to know
who this original madabusi is. One person told me that it's a title
given to some vamsam and this is mentioned in Sri Valmiki Ramayanam.

> 5. Adiyen .... very ordinary person. " A Rasika" Somehow,
> Emperuman is kind enough to shower his Grace on me. Further, at
> present I am away from home. far away
> not in a position to consult authentic records. However, whatever
> possible, Adiyen will definitely do. There are great scholars
> who can undertake the task referred to by you. Anything Adiyen
> enjoy from our granthas, that will be shared among Baghavathas
> without fail.

Whatever you know about PerumAL,AzhwAr,pUrvAchAryA's,you can share
that anubhavams with us. Since I wholeheartedly enjoy Upadesa
Rathnamalai,I'll be happy if you can give atleast brief commentary on
that.

> Happy to know you are enjoying Amalanathipiran, Ramanuja
> Nooranthadhi and Upadesaratnamalai

It's all His krpA and the blessings of bhAgavatAs and elderly people
like you. My effort is nothing. I used to chant kOil Tiruvoimozhi
regularly when I was in India and after coming to US,I lost that
touch. But I'm straightening myself again in that direction. I've
made it a point to chant,if not daily,atleast once a week. I'm
ashamed of myself that I don't know a single pasuram of kaliyan with
the exception of "kulam...NArAyaNA ennum nAmam".

AzhwAr EmperumAnAr Jeeyar TiruvadigaLE saraNam
gita

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com