You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Mar 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00034 Mar 2003

Mar 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

srimatE rAmAnujAya nama:

The pratishtApana mahOtsavam of SreeRamaparivaram along with
NammAlwAr,EmberumAnAr, Swami ManavAla MamunigaL took place from March 5 to 8 at
the JET USA Washington DC center under the holy guidance of H.H Sri Sri Sri
Tridandi Chinna Jeeyar Swamy. It was a truly divine experience for all devotees
who attended the 4 day celebration and will be a memory to be cherished for the
rest of their lives...For the first time, an archa form of Swami Manavala
Mamunigal has been formally consecrated in this country....our heartfelt thanks
(thaleyallAl kaimmarilene...) to all who made this great thing happen...

The yAgams and other rituals were performed in the yagashalai, that was
specially built for this purpose, by Sriman Satyanarayanacharyulugaru of New
Orleans temple along with Sriman Seetharamacharyulugaru , who was performing
kainkaryams to Tiruvengada MudiyAn PerumAl at Pittsburgh temple till now and
who will be the resident priest at the JET cente, . All the resources needed
for the rituals were untiringly arranged by the organizers Sriman Ravi and
Srimati Vasanthi Aharam and their Vikasa Tarangini troup. Not only did Sriman
Satyanarayanacharyulugaru performed all the rituals impeccably, he aso gave
elaborate explanations of some of the salient aspects. One such instance was
when he mentioned about the shlOkam "tvam mE hum mE..." when our Chakravarthi
Tirumagan was giving us darsanam in His white wet piece of clothing soon after
tirumanjanam...that scene backed by the narration by Sriman
Satyanarayanacharyulugaru made even the eyes of the most hard
hearted person moist...

When alankaram was being done, Sriman Uppili Gopalan Swamy recited ten
pashurams from PerumAl tirumoli which was all the more fitting with
KulashEkahara PerumAL's tirunakshatram being just around the corner. There was
noticeable smile on Perumal and AchAryAs' mukha mandalams during the sattumurai
...This was followed by kalyAnOtsavam to PerumAl and Seetha pirAtti. The
befitting climax was when H.H.Tridandi Jeeyar Swamy's voice over the telephone
reverberated the hall with his mangalAsanams to the organizers and other
devoteess along with a few words of guidance for the future as to how the
center should perform.

On the whole it was a once-in-life-time experience which will remain green in
our memories for years and years to come. This is yet another example that
shows us the "sowlabhyam" of our PerumAl and the AchAryas by coming down to
this land which was once called only a "bhoga bhoomi" as against Bharatha
varsham which has been known as the "karma bhoomi".

Last, but not the least, even nature rewarded the oragnizers and other devotees
by the unexpected sunny and warm weather, in contrast to the biting cold and
tons of snow of prior weeks, which greatly helped the success of the events.

JET USA Washington Center plans to start celeberating Alwar and Acharya
tirunakshatrams in the coming months and the center organizers heartily invite
each and every one of the our "rAmAnuja kutumbam" in the USA to come and have
darasanam of the Perumal and Parivaram - more so Alwar and AchAryAs - who have
come even to this land just for our benefit...

Wishing "pallAndu pallAndu" for all the oraganizers, adiyAL prays to Perumal,
AlwArs and AchAryas to bestow very good health for them enabling them to
continue to do such kainkaryams for years and years to come...

AlwAr EmberumAnAr Jeeyar tiruvadigalE saranam

adiyAL rAmAnuja dAsi